Sunday, October 30, 2005

Images....

At the Airport in Rome
Kit, my Singaporean friend who is on the same flight, and on her way to Todi for language class for two weeks, asked two men at the bus station, in Italian, "is this the place to take the bus to Todi and Perugia?"

"Toreno?" one of them asked. "No, Todi, " she said. "Toreno?" he repeated. "Todeeeee,” she slowed down her speech. "Ah, TO-Di !’’ he seemed to understand now.

I smiled at Kit and said, “it’s your accent dear." "I can't help it," she laughed.

On the Bus
Long winding journey on highways. Four hours to kill.

Kit was still chatty. But I was so sleep deprived I had a headache. I told her I was going to take a nap.

I woke up when the bus passed by some beautiful country side. Reality sunk in - I am finally in il bel paese - l'Italia. And I am going to live here, and live a student's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home